Saturday, July 7, 2007

I have layed out the Track names tonight for the major tracks in the new game.

there are 15 total. and it was very hard to think of names for all 15.

Next I have to think of names for all of the small tracks. there is about 100 of the small ones so it is going to be tricky to think of names for all of these. I want to avoid locations and names of real places in this game for the simple fact that I know if I named it after the real place I would get tons of e-mail saying "It looks nothing like my track what have you done" So if I pick any names for tracks that looks like your home track I am sorry in advance if it doesnt look like yours It is not supposed too.

I also have been working extensively watching video clips and watching how the tractor performs. I want the tractor in TurboSmoke to look and handle like a real tractor. I have never actually sat on a super stock tractor so I have to rely on the video. I am only an antique and garden tractor puller so this is all new too me.

I have had to do alot of research on air pressure and components of a super stock. I hope I get it right or at least close. So far on Research alone I have several 100 hours possibly in the thousands total. I have about 50 hours so far in graphics. 10 hours was getting the people in the grand stand drawn.(very annoying). I only have about 10 hours in programming so far and all of that is in the test game that tested how to change from light to dark smoke and from simple tractor to super stock.
That game is located at http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/BetaTestMain.htm
That game is based off of Pullzone version 5.4 and has been modified to test some section graphics.

Programming is my weekness. I am actually a self taught programmer. I learned how to program while doing my first game which was very crude. and kind of anoying.

No comments: