Saturday, July 7, 2007

I was just looking back through the last couple of years worth of work and I thought it was very interesting how far this game has grown.
It started out as a very crude game.

The First Online Game
The first game consisted of a rectangle with different color rectangles around it that kind of looked like a tractor. It had a 150 ft track. which was what we ran with the antiques so I just through that in. You could change the color of the tractor by pushing different keys. It also had a special feature built in that was funny fuel. When you pushed the N button.
You can play this version here

http://www.mullermotorsports.com/tpull2.htm

The next Step
Version 2.1 came out and was very soon replaced by Version 2.2 to fix a few errors. It contained a white tractor that looked alot more like a pulling tractor. it was a top side view game that set the basic parameters for all of the games to come. It contained air pressure adjustments and also weight adjustments. This game was very advanced programming for me to do since It was only the second game I had ever programmed. I was very much learning as I went.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/TPull2b.htm

Enter the T-bucket

After programming version 2.2 I decided to see if I could get some website hits from the 2wd truck pullers out there. I programmed the 2wd truck pulling game using alot of the same graphics and programs that was used in 2.2 I added in a T-bucket 2wd truck and called it a game. You can play that game here.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/TruckPull1.htm

Bring on the Dust and smoke

Just about a year after the first game came out I realized there was something missing from these super stocks. Thru some suggestions from the website. Dust and Smoke were added to the game. It became version 4.2 (4.1 never worked right) It was still crude but It was alot better looking. sure the smoke came out of the center of the hood when the front end came up and the smoke kept going after the tractor stopped sometimes but it was smoke none the less.
You can play this game here

http://mullermotorsports.com/PullZone/games.htm

I wanna see some Color

The biggest complaint I got while version 4.2 was out was that nobody wanted to run a white tractor. That is when I added the Red and Green Tractor. This version was called 5.0 and only was the main game for about a week. Also with those tractors the programs got completly re written to add a slider that actually changed the weight from the front to the back and also the Tire pressure was now set up in .5 psi increments and you could set that alot easier. the dust and smoke problems were mostly fixed. It was starting to look a bit different and at that time I was starting to feel more comfortable programming.
you can play that game here

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/pullzone5.htm

Difficulty levels

After only 1 week a new game was programmed from the old one. I got a complaint from some people that the game was too easy and from others that the game was too hard. So to compensate for that I created difficulty levels. There were 8 levels total in version 5.1
you can play that game here.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/pullzone5a.htm

When you beat the game then what??

I had alot of complaints that when you beat level 8 you are just done there is nothing there. So from this the bonus round was formed. In version 5.2 there were 12 regular levels and 12 bonus levels. The bonus levels featured an Alcohol burning tractor that had to make a full pull. if you failed to get a full pull in any of the bonus round you would end your game. this game hung aroudn for a long time.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/pullzone5b.htm

What about the trucks

I got alot of e-mails from some guys asking when there would be a 4x4 truck pulling game coming out. To tell you the truth it would have never came out without all the folks that asked where it was. But with their support I built truck pulling version 1.1 it was built using the same basic layout of the pulling games but it had trucks added in. you can play that one at

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/4x4pull1a.htm

Don't tick off the diesel fellas

Wow what a mistake. apperently the guys that were e-mailling me where not into 4x4 gas powered trucks they were diesel pullers. so within a week of version 1.1 coming out version 1.2 came out featuring 2 diesel trucks and 1 gas truck.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/4x4pull1b.htm

A more precision game.

Larry from truckpulls.com was a huge help in designing the 4x4 game version 1.3. he wanted some specific things in this game and he got it. Front and rear air pressure. gear Ratios. This is actually the most advanced game to date. (I can not even get past level 5 without my programming notes lol) I realy thank those guy at www.discountpowerparts.com and www.truckpulls.com.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/4x4pull1c.htm

Friends from over the big pond wanted a game

Our British friends started to tell me that they wanted to see 100 meter tracks not 300 foot tracks. So I built a special game just for the Brits. It contained a new sled and a new meter measureing system(I took the feet measurement and divided by 3 and through a block in that read that number out, don't tell the brits but the feet reading is still there it is just covered up with the meters lol)

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/britpullzone5b.htm

I want that on my site

I decided that I would be generous. I decided to let anybody put some of my games on there websites. I only required that they keep some links around the game. now over 50 sites worldwide have my games on them.
you can add them to your site by going to

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/addgames.htm

A long dry spell

I worked for a few months on sound samples to try to get sound into the game. I worked for a while on a new game only to have a virus take over my computer and destroy it. In the mean time alot of time went by and nothing new came out. I was working on alot of things like painting my real life tractor and getting ready for a new baby.

Modifieds Anyone

I built a game from the old game that had modified tractors it turned out very good. It features
4 tractors 1 turbine engine 1 with a 12 cylinder engine and 1 5 engine tractor. It also has a bonus tractor but you will have to get to the bonus round to see what that is.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/modifiedpullzone1a.htm

New website

I redesigned the site to try to make room for all the games. I also added. a bunch of other games that I did not program to the site to make it more fun. I picked up the domain name www.turbosmoke.com (I still love that name)

Energized again.

A few weeks ago My wife had a baby our 3rd son.
I took a week and a half off from work to take care of things around the house and while I had spare time in that week and a half I finished several games.(don't worry I still took care of my wife and kids)

2wd truck game updated

It took long enough but while working on some graphics I decided to draw some 2wd trucks. So I put them in a game and it turned out very well. It is here

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/2wdtruckgame2a.htm

Big Rigs....need I say more

The most requested game ever was the big rigs game. I however did not know much about big rig pulling I saw it at the buck 2 or 3 times and a few times on tv but that is it. So I drug my feet on this for a long time. but then I decided one day to do it. here it is

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/SemiPullzone1a.htm

One last update to the Super Stock Game.

I changed the tractors so they looked better. I now included a blue tractor and also an advanced red and green tractor. the track got changed up a bit this became version 5.4.

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/pullzone5d.htm

But wait theres more

I changed one more thing on the Super Stock Game I added a bit better handling. Now when you pull the tractor does not go strait up the track it moves with the track alot better. This was kind of an unexpected addition but it realy adds to the game play that was version 5.5

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/pullzone5e.htm

Beyond that I am now working on the new game called Turbo Smoke. it will be a bigger game that will be out on CD. I have a few other games that I have used to test programs for this new game they are all at

http://games.mullermotorsports.com/tractorpullinggames/BetaTestMain.htm

I realy hope you enjoyed this trip through the history of tractor pulling games.

I am not the first game to include tractor pulling. As a matter of fact Bigfoot for the NES had tractor pulling in it. I am however the designer of the first online tractor pulling game. I hope some day to have my game on a major system such as playstation or XBox but it will be a while and it will be alot of work. Thanks for your support.

No comments: